HELPFUL YOU PICK TIPS
- Dress comfortably and wear closed toe shoes.
- You may want to consider, a wide brim hat or at least a cap, sunscreen, and insect repellant.
- If you are allergic to any insects don’t forget your medication, there seems to always be an abundant crop of insects outside.
- We provide the containers for you pick.
- If you have a children’s wagon you may want to bring it. We have a limited number of wagons and sometimes there is a wait to get one.
- Only pick in rows that are open for picking. If an area is closed for picking it is because the fruit is not ripe.
- To pick an apple, gently grasp the apple and lift it up or towards the stem. A gentle pull will then separate the stem from the tree. Plan your pick, it takes two hands if apples are growing close together.
- Be carefully when picking to avoid dropping the fruit. We always use two hands if there is more than one apple, to hang on to both.
Please check out the Harvest Calendar for the most recent information on varieties available for you pick and varieties available in the Country Store.