HELPFUL YOU PICK TIPS
- Dress comfortably and wear closed toe shoes.
- You may want to consider, a wide brim hat or at least a cap, sunscreen, and insect repellant.
- If you are allergic to any insects don’t forget your medication, there seems to always be an abundant crop of insects outside.
- We provide the containers for you pick.
- If you have a children’s wagon you may want to bring it. We have a limited number of wagons and sometimes there is a wait to get one.
- Only pick in rows that are open for picking. If an area is closed for picking it is because the fruit is not ripe.
- To pick an apple, gently grasp the apple and lift it up or towards the stem. A gentle pull will then separate the stem from the tree. Plan your pick, it takes two hands if apples are growing close together.
- Be carefully when picking to avoid dropping the fruit. We always use two hands if there is more than one apple, to hang on to both.