|6–8 pieces of raisin or cinnamon bread
2 cups eggnog
½ cup powdered sugar
|1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups peeled, chopped apples
1 tsp. vanilla
Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Layer bread slices in 9″ x13” baking dish.
- Combine eggnog, eggs, powdered sugar, and cinnamon; whisk together until well blended.
- Pour chopped apples over bread.
- Pour eggnog mixture over apples and bread.
- Place one cherry on each piece of bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cover in the morning and bake for 40–45 minutes at 350° or until mixture is set.
- Serve with syrup.
Special note: Fat free eggnog and 18 oz. carton of egg substitute may be used in place of eggs and eggnog. Eggnog can be frozen in 2 cup batches and thawed to use through the year.