|2 large cans sweet potatoes
3 cooking apples
2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
½ cup orange juice
|¼ cup packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon all spice
1 small jar maraschino cherries
- Peel core and slice apples in ¼ inch slices.
- Butter 9″ x 6″ backing dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Alternate potato and apples into rows until all potatoes and apples are placed in dish.
- Combine orange juice, brown sugar, spices. Pour over potatoes and apples.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle cherries over top.
- Bake covered 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to bake 10–12 minutes.