Yields 4 dozen cookies.
|1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup peeled and shredded apples
½ raisins (optional)
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
- Combine egg, oil, vanilla and mix into dry ingredients.
- Add apples. Add raisins and nuts if desired.
- Mix wee, then drop by spoonful onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 350° for 10–12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.