This Recipe from
Apple Hill Orchard and Cider Mill
More recipes available at
6 - 8 medium apples peeled, cored and sliced
2 Tablespoons of margarine or butter
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup water
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet
- Put in apples and fry over medium heat until apples are limp, stir and turn apples often
- Add sugar, spice and cornstarch, mix into apples
- Add water, cover and simmer until apples are tender
I keep a bowl in the refrigerator to use for a variety of ideas such as:
- Use as a side dish.
- An ice cream topping for a quick easy dessert.
- Stirred into oatmeal for breakfast, or spooned over French toast or waffles.
- Spooned over ham or pork as a main dish.
[ Back ]